oscus teacher

Este blog quiere ser un punto de encuentro para reforzar la experiencia del aula en la materia de Inglés.



miércoles, 16 de mayo de 2012

if not - unless


UNLESS = if + not

Unless he keeps driving so fast…

I will not go out unless she phones me

I will not go out if she does not phone me.

1º) I won’t drink it … unless I find out what it is (no lo beberé si no averiguo lo que es)
2º) I wouldn’t drink it unless I found out what it is (no lo bebería si no averiguara lo que es)
3º) I wouldn’t have drunk it … unless I had found out what it is (no lo habría bebido si no hubiera averiguado lo que es)


1º) I won’t drink it if I don’t find out what it is
= if I don’t find out what it is I won’t drink it

el orden de la condición y la consecuencia no afecta a la estructura de cada bloque 
 
 I won’t drink it
if I don’t find out what it is
if I don’t find out what it is
 I won’t drink it

2º) I wouldn’t drink it if I didn’t find out what it is
3º) I wouldn’t have drunk it if I hadn’t found out what it is