oscus teacher

Este blog quiere ser un punto de encuentro para reforzar la experiencia del aula en la materia de Inglés.



domingo, 11 de diciembre de 2011

exam unit 2 (4)


4 – Modals
       
a) complete the sentences with the suitable modal verb

1.- You must come to class before eight o’clock
2.- I have broken my leg, I will not be able to ski for a few months.
3.- May  I sit here?
4.- Jane must have gone to bed late last night. She is still sleeping.

b) choose the correct modal for the sentences

1.- They ... rented the flat. They can’t afford to buy it
a) can’t have                   b) needn’t have            c) should have

2.- He ... told us the truth before. Now nobody believes him.
a) must have                   b) might have                                c) should have

3.- He ... won the lottery. He never buys a ticket
a) must have                   b) might have                                c) can’t have

4.- The train was delayed. I arrived late. I … arrived late if the train had not been delayed
a) wouldn’t have         b) couldn’t have           c) would have